Monday 14 January 2008

Going through memories...



I was at Mom's place a few days ago trying to help to sort some of my dad's documents...letters, bills had been left there since my dad passed away a few years ago. There were birth certificates and vaccination certificates dated as early as the 1930's...and even yellowed photographs of my grandmother which I 've not even seen before (she passed away when my dad was very young).

As I as going through the papers and piles of books, I came across my primary school report book...ah...it brought back those childhood memories.....then I saw something that instantly caught my eyes. Its a Oxford Dictionary dated 1958 (50 years).....I guessed it must have been my dad's...since none of us was born at that time.... I have never been interested in anything old or vintage before when I was younger....but as the years go by...I begin to appreciate the sentimental value and memories that they brought to us. Going through dad's stuff brought back so many memories of him, I never know that he was only earning a monthly salary of $230/per month in the 1970's and the greatest part of it is that he managed to brought everyone of us up with it.

I brought back this dictionary and have decided to use its pages for the background of my new beads creations this week, carefully making sure that the book is still intact and all, I have decided that this will become a part of my family history...it survive 50 years and hopefully it will be able to survive another 50 years....

Ok, enough of walking down the memory lane....my beads creations will be uploaded between 10am t0 12pm, hope to hear from you soon.

Have a memorable week....

No comments: